Friday, October 7, 2016

Downton Abbey - and why I watched it

My wife twisted my arm and made me watch some British soap opera called Downton Abbey, I must say I am not keen on telly, as the Brits call it, so secretly I pocketed my smartphone to not to be bored. After watching a few episodes, still clueless what was going on, but to show I pay attention I ventured into a comment that Thomas will most likely marry that kitchen help, but my wife flatly replied it’s not likely as the footman was gay. Oops, (must have missed something while taking a bio break and reading the sport section on my phone), although found it odd that they would allow this evil chain smoker to be shown through a negative lens; gay characters are not likely to be shown in a negative manner in Hollywood. As confusing as hell, the plot goes from bad to worse almost for everyone day by day, and always I mean always someone is eavesdropping on everyone, that’s why they all know what’s going on, except for me. One broad had something going for her but in the crucial moment the guy dropped dead, I mean, how unlucky! Still no clue whether she experienced any close encounters of the third kind or just watched the warm up. Mystery. Finally the war broke out and I almost thought that everything would now be solved, but no, it’s more complicated than before. The communist chauffeur so keen on the younger princess and with all young men dead or at war, he actually might score here to start the proletariat. Maggie Smith will tell you in her low aristocratic voice “Will you excuse me, I’ve got a big crap coming” and everyone would rejoice how worldly it sounds. The on-and-off butler keeps saying that he is going to leave his wife for like 4 episodes now, you can count him out as well, it’s a give out he will never leave her. Anyway, that’s all I have to say about it for now and I hope your wife will not put you through the pain I am going through. 

No comments:

Post a Comment