Sunday, September 2, 2012

Blackberry Playbook update

Blackberry Playbook update. So, as per my prediction from last year, Playbook is available now at $149.00 at FutureShop. And still the bookshelves are full. So, why is that? One, the media (including the Canadian editions) are doing a poor job of mixing up the reviews of Playbook as a device with the trouble the RIM is in. Second, what I thought originally as an advantage, the size, became at least for me a main detractor from using it on daily basis. The iPad size is still way more comfortable for my eyes. The third and many of my friends admitted the main one is a choice of apps (or lack of them). I would add the battery as one that I would improve on in the next edition if there is any planned. The 32Gb version is available at $199 now but the point is why would you need so much space if there is no apps to load anyway? The built in email client is slow to response as well, I constantly pull the emails down (the Playbook feature) to refresh the content. 

The last comment and ultimately I think many will share my opinion, if you already own the Blackberry device, why do you need the Playbook? There is nothing on Playbook that I could not do on my Blackberry device. (I have more, I have the phone)

I am specifically omitting the media (the screen is bigger, so it's nice) but is it worth investing the money and the hassle of carrying Playbook everywhere? My old BB 9700 is fully capable of maintaining my business affairs on daily basis, so here is my prediction as of September 2, 2012, we shall not see Blackberry tablets in the future. (at least not in the form they are available now)


...

No comments:

Post a Comment